Bread Baker's Apprentice: Casatiello

Casatiello. YUM. When the first sentence of the recipe description stated: "This is a rich, dreamy Italian elaboration of brioche, loaded with flavor bursts in the form of cheese and bits of meat, preferably salami." my mind said...YES! Grab grocery list, get notes of the ingredients.

What I found most different about this bread is that it is traditionally baked in paper bags or pannettone molds but can also be done in loaf pans. I did mine in loaf pans.

When you took a bite of it's warm-from-the-oven goodness, it was slightly cheesey, a bit of the Italian salami and the freshness of good homemade bread. Delightful!

Comments

Kayte said…
That looks so great...you really did a nice job on this! Oh, and I love how you have it on the breadboard...did you notice what mine was on in the photo on my post???? The cutting board you gave to me! I love that thing!
Very nice, and good to see you back in a kitchen that is not on wheels.
Di said…
Those look like such perfect little slices! Yum definitely says it all about this one. =)

Popular Posts