Bread Bakers Apprentice: Challah

I love this bread! Bread Baker's Apprentice Group you are the best! I'm so glad that I'm baking my way through the book. It's been a wonderful experience.

Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen Table has a great result and even a wonderful idea of making the bread into rolls. I think I will try that next time.

A wonderful mixture of flour, eggs, yeast that you braid into a gorgeous loaf. Almost pull apart style. I cut the loaf but I think Kayte has a great idea about making it look pull apart.

Check out the official Bread Baker's Apprentice group at Pinch of Salt. Or follow our Slow and Steady group at Nancy's Corner Loaf. Either way, get the book by Peter Reinhart and start impressing your family and friends too!

Comments

Kayte said…
NOW THIS IS WHAT CHALLAH IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. This is absolutely beautifully gorgeous. I have to go back in and try for this. I think if I shorten my braid, getting rid of the lobster tail look, I might be closer. I am going to try...yours is so inspiring. Everything you make is just so nice...you have a magic touch!
Audrey said…
Beautiful! I didn't get enough color on mine, methinks.
Di said…
That looks great, Melissa! I like the sesame seeds on it--mine was just plain (didn't have any seeds).
Melanie said…
It looks beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Yup. What Kayte said. Yours is beautiful! I need a piece...with butter...I need to knead some bread is all there is to it. Perfectly lovely!
Nancy/n.o.e said…
This dough is versatile enough to be a loaf or rolls; how cool is that? Your braid is lovely, and I'm glad you liked it.

Popular Posts