Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sweet and Smoky Barbeque Sauce - From AllRecipes!


Happy Monday Everyone!

***shh.  I'm at work***    In my defense, my work ID is being updated so I cannot actually work!   Oh no worries though, I'm sure I will have plenty of time to catch up and work during the evenings or weekends.   I joined a new department in November and am really enjoying it so I don't mind.

Another interesting tidbit is that I applied and was accepted to be an AllRecipes.com Allstar!   I'm really excited about joining their program as an ambassador and I hope to have more to share with you in the coming year.   

Above is a new recipe I tried this weekend from AllRecipes.com titled "Sweet and Smoky Barbeque Sauce".   

A couple of favorite points about this recipe is the rum (good addition) and I liked the simmering of the ingredients before the ketchup was added.   Definitely a good method to use with any BBQ sauce recipe.

I will make this one again but may omit the liquid smoke and add Chipotles.  I love those in BBQ sauce.

I used Baby Back Ribs, cut into sections, and seasoned (s&p&garlic pow).   Browned in a bit of vegetable oil, blotted on a paper towel and set into a crockpot with some of the BBQ sauce, bit of chicken stock, whole garlic cloves and a rough chopped onion.  It was "crocked" till the meat started to pull back from the bones.   Then I removed them and baked with a bit of fresh BBQ sauce.  I love this method in the winter.   

Do you make your own BBQ sauce?
Do you only grill your ribs or do you bake or crock them?


1 comment:

Kayte said...

Congrats on new appointment at work that you really enjoy, that is such a nice thing to hear! Also congrats on ambassador appointment...that will be fun to see what you come up with for that assignment! This bbq sauce looks wonderful, I will give it a try as surely bbq season has to be coming up soon...in the meantime, crockpot ribs sounds like a fine place to give it a try...and that change out you suggest sounds like a good one to me! I think I will go straight to that. Thanks!