Sweet and Smoky Barbeque Sauce - From AllRecipes!


Happy Monday Everyone!

***shh.  I'm at work***    In my defense, my work ID is being updated so I cannot actually work!   Oh no worries though, I'm sure I will have plenty of time to catch up and work during the evenings or weekends.   I joined a new department in November and am really enjoying it so I don't mind.

Another interesting tidbit is that I applied and was accepted to be an AllRecipes.com Allstar!   I'm really excited about joining their program as an ambassador and I hope to have more to share with you in the coming year.   

Above is a new recipe I tried this weekend from AllRecipes.com titled "Sweet and Smoky Barbeque Sauce".   

A couple of favorite points about this recipe is the rum (good addition) and I liked the simmering of the ingredients before the ketchup was added.   Definitely a good method to use with any BBQ sauce recipe.

I will make this one again but may omit the liquid smoke and add Chipotles.  I love those in BBQ sauce.

I used Baby Back Ribs, cut into sections, and seasoned (s&p&garlic pow).   Browned in a bit of vegetable oil, blotted on a paper towel and set into a crockpot with some of the BBQ sauce, bit of chicken stock, whole garlic cloves and a rough chopped onion.  It was "crocked" till the meat started to pull back from the bones.   Then I removed them and baked with a bit of fresh BBQ sauce.  I love this method in the winter.   

Do you make your own BBQ sauce?
Do you only grill your ribs or do you bake or crock them?


Comments

Kayte said…
Congrats on new appointment at work that you really enjoy, that is such a nice thing to hear! Also congrats on ambassador appointment...that will be fun to see what you come up with for that assignment! This bbq sauce looks wonderful, I will give it a try as surely bbq season has to be coming up soon...in the meantime, crockpot ribs sounds like a fine place to give it a try...and that change out you suggest sounds like a good one to me! I think I will go straight to that. Thanks!

Popular Posts