Herb and Garlic Crusted Tuna Steaks




Recipe:

Tuna Steaks
Lemon Zest
Flat Leaf Parsley
Thyme
Rosemary
Garlic Cloves
Coarse Salt/Cracked Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Chop all ingredients together. Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil and press onto the herb mixture. Let rest 15 minutes.

Sear tuna steaks in olive oil for 4 minutes on each side for a pink center.

My Comments:
This turned out pretty good. I liked the crust the herbs/garlic made. The lemon zest was a nice lemon hint. I still think it needed something for the top, a spicy italian tomato coulis or even a balsalmic drizzle. I did serve this with a side of Compari tomato wedges and I ended up topping my tuna with it as I ate. I also think a bit of heat would have helped. Tuna is always better with some heat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Melissa this sounds and looks great. I will have to bookmark your blog for inspiration. Diana
Melanie said…
I assume you used fresh herbs? Could you use dried? And the balsamic drizzle - just balsamic, or something else involved?
Melissa said…
I used fresh parsley but the thyme and rosemary were dried whole. Not the ground type. I think using all dried would be fine.

The Balsamic drizzle I had used did have a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil. Thanks for asking!

Popular Posts