Pulled Chicken w Roasted Poblanos


Multiple flavors with a good kick from the poblano peppers. I used this filling to make burritos topped with a chipotle sauce, cheese and baked. This filling would be great in just about any mexican dish. I even turned the leftovers into a mexican stew for a work lunch.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
**Rubbed with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
Sliced red onion
Minced garlic
Chicken broth/stock

Simmer chicken with the onion and garlic in stock. I also tossed in some salsa I had leftover in the fridge. When cooked, I removed the chicken and shredded it, returned to the simmering sauce and added:

2 oven roasted poblanos, seeded, skins removed
14 oz canned black beans
1 cup frozen corn

I reseasoned with the same ingredients I rubbed the chicken with initially, plus added mexican oregano.

When it was finished, I filled the soft tortilla shells, added a chipotle sauce and cheese then baked. You could use this filling however you want. I think next time I might layer it into a small mexican lasagna.

This had great flavors, you could taste the veggies and chicken first with the peppers and heat coming later.

Source: Me

Comments

Anonymous said…
this sounds delish.. diana
Anonymous said…
don't know why my original post didn't show.

this looks and sounds great..

Popular Posts