Roasting Corn the EE-YEAH Way!


Do you ever go to your favorite grocery or gourmet store and just find EVERYTHING you want? The local one here is so good, so fresh and has all of my favorite foods. Wait, aren't all foods my favorite?


This was one of those visits where you grab this, that, and, "Oooo that will be great to eat!". This can be both good and bad. Good because you are buying fresh foods and have a wonderful time in the kitchen, but bad because there are only 24 hours in a day to cook. Even if I think I can cook 24 hours a day, I should save some of the produce for the other customers. Sad.


On this excusion I bought some fresh corn which I decided to shuck and roast directly on the grill.


I melted butter with a touch of olive oil, garlic powder, salt and chili powder. I chose the chili powder over the cayenne because I wanted smokey heat instead of spicy heat. I grilled this over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Rolled them around a bit and basted them with the butter mixture.


As I cut the corn off the cobs there were a couple of escaped kernels that needed to be snacked on. Sampling is a big part of cooking around here. EE-YEAH! The corn was great! I want to do this more often. Also having the ease of fresh grilled corn for recipes during the next couple of days was a big bonus.

Comments

Popular Posts