Whisk Wednesday: Puff Pastry Filled with Shrimp and Mushrooms

Bouchees aux Crevettes! Puff Pastry Shells Filled with Shrimp and Mushrooms.

I missed one week of Whisk Wednesday meals and I was quite bummed about it. Although, spring vacation, aaaah...so I had to balance it out :)

This was not frozen puff pastry, but real french puff pastry, hand rolled and turned until there were 943 layers of butter and 944 layers of pastry and it puffed to a form beautiful dish. From there filling with rich, buttery-cream sauce filled with mushrooms and shrimp and finished with a touch of cognac.

It was delightful, fun to make, very tasty and there is half a recipe of puff pastry in my freezer just waiting for something...maybe this again.

Check out how the other "Whisk Wednesday" Members completed.

Comments

Michelle said…
OH your shimp with puffed pastry came out very nice, in fact excellent!
Now that's a lot of layers. Makes me tired thinking about it. I used an artisan frozen and that was fine by me. It looks like you really enjoyed it. I'm impressed with you PP.
Kayte said…
Looks very nice and so professional! Isn't that pastry fun...it is the softest dough I think I have ever worked with...it was such fun just touching it. I agree...the rest of the dough should be used for more of these! They were a big hit here, too. Great job!
Melanie said…
Your puff pastry looks beuatiful.
Unknown said…
This dish looks so yummy.
Anonymous said…
Way to go!! Now...did you know you can use your scraps to make pastry?? That's another class! Your dish looks simply fabulous!
Shari said…
So glad you gave puff pastry a try. I'm finding it not so intimidating now that I've made it a few times. Don't you feel extra gourmet now?!

Popular Posts