Creamy Mushroom Soup - Cook's Country

I received another recipe to test from Cook's Country. This was for Creamy Mushroom Soup. I don't make mushroom soups very often but this was a great version. I made this and ended up with enough for a week of lunches. Even added some fresh chives to my lunch each day. That really gave the soup a nice addition. I can give out the ingredients but not the specific directions.

Creamy Mushroom Soup

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 pounds cremini mushrooms, hand broken
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and chopped
Salt and Pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
6 cups low-sodium beef broth
1/2 cup Madeira, plus additional for serving
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice

This soup has a great texture and came out with almost a creaminess to it but if you noticed, the cream is very small amount and there is no roux here to thicken the soup. It's thicker because the mushrooms are really the base of the soup as it is all blended together and then finished with the cream. Nicely done.

I think I will make this soup with later in the year with fresh garden tomatoes, white wine and chicken stock (replacing the shrooms, Madeira and beef broth) and finish with fresh basil. Yes!

Comments

Kayte said…
Oh, Melissa, this looks really good...I love soups more than anything, I think, and yours looks really wonderful!

Popular Posts