The One Zucchini Bread I Love


Zucchini bread is wonderful. The taste of the cinnamon, the sweetness of the bread but yet you want to tell yourself that it's okay because hey, there is zucchini in it. Well it is not low-fat, but it is sooo good.

There are a variety of recipes out there but I am partial to one. My mom's long time friend Reva gave us this recipe years ago when I was young. I've never found one I like better.


Reva's Zucchini Bread

3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups zucchini, grated
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add together other ingredients and stir well. Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake one hour.


This is simple to make. I recommend using regular size zucchini. I know many people who have gardens with sumo-sized zucchini but if you use a giant one, please remove the seeds as they will not grate and look ugly in the bread. (Don't ask why I know this.)


Kinda scares you though about the 1 cup of vegetable oil doesn't it? As long as you don't think about it while eating it, it will never bother you. Oh and don't eat the whole loaf. You may WANT to, but it is um...well fattening. But we all know that taste ranks far above the fat :>)

Comments

Popular Posts