Pad Thai at Home



I press 4 on my Blackberry to be connected to my favorite Thai restaurant. #4 is pressed almost more often than I call my mother. The phone call will be the world's fastest. She talks so fast that I can order my carry-out in less than one minute. They can have it ready in about 7 minutes.

There are times when I can't make it to my favorite Thai place, but I am still craving it nonetheless.

Chicken Pad Thai, Hot. That's my favorite. I don't know why that one Thai dish is my favorite, there are so many great Thai dishes, but I seem to chose that one comfort dish the most.

My co-worker/friend Kevin suggested a sauce he found at Kroger, "King of Siam" Pad Thai Sauce. I grabbed a bottle and he's right, it's pretty darn close.

Here is the website for the Pad Thai sauce in case you can't find it at your Kroger.



Before I type up my recipe, I must *stress* that this recipe goes fast...so have all your ingredients on hand and READY. Mise En Place!

Chicken Pad Thai, Hot

1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, mixed in a bowl
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper, less or more depending on heat desired
1/2 bottle Pad Thai Sauce
1/2 box rice noodles, prepared according to directions
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed
1/4 cup green onions, sliced

Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Add garlic, red pepper and eggs. Stir for a couple for minutes until eggs are scrambled. Add the sauce and the noodles. Remove from heat and toss into a bowl. Top with green onions and bean sprouts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yep, I'm thinking I could so do this recipe...thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts