Rye Bread w Onions and Caraway (for Bread Machine)

I set this one to bake in the bread machine before work the other day. I was really suprised how good it turned out. I can never be too sure with some recipes. This one I set to be finished in 13 hours. Worked great. House smell like good fresh bread...and since it was a Rye Bread, the caraway seed...oh definitely a good, home-welcoming scent.

Rye Bread with Onions and Caraway (for the Bread Machine)
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup rye flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
1 1/2 teaspoons slat
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onions, chopped
2 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
1 cup water
1 3/4 teaspoons dry yeast

Add ingredients in the order for your bread machine. Set for the basic dough mode.

This yields a 2 pound loaf.

Comments

Kayte said…
This looks incredibly good...and sounds like it was incredibly good! Beautiful! Makes me want to get out in the kitchen and bake bread...but I have some catching up to do around here first...break is nice, but when you get back, all kinds of things need doing! Bread baking will have to wait, in the meantime, I will just drool over this photo!

Popular Posts