Chicken Salad On Foccacia


I try really hard to use up leftovers. Even make them into a different dish. It also helps to try other aspects of results on a recipe. Take this Foccacia bread I made. I froze the remainder and then defrosted it and made some excellent chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. The bread came out great, I will be making that recipe again.

I'm still working on eating my way through that freezer! I'm down to about 2 weeks left to eat up everything I can. Then I'm getting a new freezer and selling the old chest style. These chicken salad sandwiches were made with chicken thighs.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

1/2 pound chicken thighs
3 cups chicken stock
3 ribs celery, chopped - include some leaves
2 green onions, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
3T of mayonnaise
2T dijon mustard
salt, pepper, dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder

1 half of the rosemary focaccia, defrosted and warm/lightly toasted a bit in the oven

Poach the chicken thighs in chicken stock for about 6-8 minutes. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces. Mix with the remaining ingredients.

Serve on focaccia.

Comments

Shari said…
Wow, I'd love to take have this sandwich for lunch!!
Kayte said…
That looks so great, especially on that bread! I like your recipe a lot...I have never once thought to put mustard in my chicken salad, but I think that would be a very good taste in there...and the onion and garlic powder as well...where have I been?? Too funny about you eating your way through the freezer, selling the freezer and buying a new one.

Popular Posts