Brioche - Middle Class Buns

I'm late. I can't help it. I'm on vacation. Please forgive.

Today is a beautiful day, I'm kicking back, watching boats go by and sitting here with my laptop in the sun. I love it.

I downloaded some photos and realized that I had not created my post of the brioche. So here I am with a late, but hopefully motivating post.
This brioche recipe comes from the book Bread Baker's Apprentice. I am following outside the group with Nancy at Corner Loaf. She is lots of fun and can make the best breads.

As for the brioche, you can make the recipe 3 ways, according to Peter Reinhart. Rich Man's, Middle Class or Poor Man's. Rich Man's contains the most butter in the recipe. I chose the Middle Class version which was 2 sticks of butter. Then I also shaped mine into a hamburger bun size because we are always looking for great, fresh, large buns. That was the final result too. Great, fresh, large buns. Perfect for sandwiches, hamburgers, with a bowl of soup, or even open face at bunch.

I made these, cooled and used 2 that day. Also wrapped and froze the remaining buns individually and we have used frozen ones as well. They are even perfect defrosted. I will definitely be making these again!

Visit other BBA (Bread Baking Apprentice bakers) through here. There is also a list of all the food blogs who are official BBA members.

Get the book and join in! It's a ton of fun and the results are outstanding!

Comments

Nancy/n.o.e said…
Thanks for the shout-out! Your brioche buns look delicious and I'm glad you guys loved them. Buns never go to waste, do they?
Kayte said…
Buns...why didn't I think of that? Buns would be a very good use for this dough. Yours look really wonderful. I think I will make the casatiello recipe that we made into some buns like these...wouldn't that be nice for sandwiches for Mr. in his lunch sack! Yep, you are a great inspiration...fun baking with you!

Popular Posts