Cooking Italy: Bruschetta



This is real bruschetta. The flavors were extremely fresh and absolutely perfect. I love how bits of the bread got a bit too toasty. It was just on the very edge but really added a rustic, real fire flavor. Perfect.

Bruschetta:
Grilled ciabatta topped with fresh, chopped and seeded tomatoes, julienned basil, salt, pepper and a drizzle of real extra-virgin olive oil. (Use a good olive oil, it really brings out the flavors)

We had this for lunch with a small shrimp cocktail. It was a light and flavorful lunch that we definitely will be having again!


To see how the other members of Cooking Italy did with their bruschetta, visit Spinach Tiger and follow the blog roll. The photos will make you want some as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Boy that looks good!
Kayte said…
You have the best food over there...you are right, this looks like a perfect lunch to me, too. With one of those sipper things! Great job on the bruschetta...it looks wonderful. NOW, don't you think you could be grilling that out in the wilds of Alaska next year? I'm just saying....
Anonymous said…
Welcome home Melissa! The food looks lovely and I'm hungry! LOL! I could slurp up some happy shrimp and bruschetta any time! Way to go!
Oh my I should make this with my baguettes. Beautiful pics.
Audrey said…
OK, now I'm really looking forward to all the Italian food you're going to be making! The bruschetta looks mouthwatering, and so, I must say, does the cocktail shrimpini.
I love your comment "a bit too toasty." Your bread looks perfect to me. and I like the pairing of shrimp cocktail. So glad you're with us.

Popular Posts