Cooking Italy: Crespelles


Cooking through Marcella Hazan's book, Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking has been a wonderful experience. It is through my friend and blogger Angela of Spinach Tiger. She set up a group where we all cook through the book together. Not at the same day/time, but during the same week. It has been a wealth of sharing, learning, tasting and I am shocked to say but we've never a bad dish! In fact, it has been quite the opposite, always a perfect combination of flavors that make your mouth light up! Well worth it!

Crespelles are Italian Crepes (savory, no sweetness) layered with proscuitto, fresh mozzerella, homemade tomato sauce and parmigiano-reggiano. I've never made a crepe before so this recipe was pretty exciting as I made my attempt. They aren't perfect circles, but the taste was out of this world.


Comments

Kayte said…
Oh, I want this all over again. Yours looks particularly wonderful and my guys would have no trouble finishing off the rest of that for you! Great job!
That's a fantastic first attempt at crepes. So glad you loved these as much as we did.
lululu said…
wow.....beautiful dish!
i think i could easily finish the whole thing!
thx for stopping by my blog!
Simones Kitchen said…
They look gorgeous Melissa! I am planning on making the crespelle tonight as I have a feeling we are really going to like them!
Maria Paray said…
Yours looks beautiful! I think mine were a little too dry (but still delicious!) I'll have to adjust next time.
halighalighanie said…
these look DELICIOUS. so layery...ahh. did you use a traditional savory crepe batter for this?
Melissa said…
I did use a savory crepe batter. It was wonderful.

Popular Posts