December 1st - Supporting My Friend and Her Brother

Hello?

I'm sorry to say I've had to let the blog lapse. I've been transitioning my job responsibilities and working quite a bit lately. My meals have not been all that spectacular and I haven't been contributing to my cooking groups as I would like. During this odd time, I'm sure you don't want to read my stories of using up the freezer contents, the burned pasta, or the accidental sugared shrimp, so I prevented you from having to read all those um...'events'. I'm saving you from nightmares :>)

Onto something more important than me. My friend Angela, who runs "Cooking Italy" has lost her brother to AIDS. December is AIDS Awareness Month. To support World AIDS Day we are cooking a "red dish". Below is a repeat of a previous post, but a good one. In fact, we're having it tonight.

http://fromlaptoptostovetop.blogspot.com/2009/05/melissas-wet-burritos.html

For those who can do a little more:

Every 12 seconds someone contracts HIV.
Every 16 seconds someone dies from AIDS.

It can be your friend, your neighbor, your family. It can effect straight, gay, lesbian, black, white, and YOU.

Please think of those who are suffering. Please consider donating this year.
Visit www.worldaidsday.org

Comments

Maria Paray said…
Melissa, those stats are unbelievable and so sad! As I have not been personally touched by AIDS, I am thankful to Angela for opening my eyes.

I'm so glad you reposted this - I missed it the first time! My kids will love these burritos :-)

Thanks for your kind words on my post!
Melissa thank you girlfriend, and I sorta got you out of your blogger closet. Don't worry about not cooking, we understand, just keep hanging out with us. You know I"m one to value relationships. xoxo
These burritos sound so good! I've done the same thing...mistaking sugar for salt. :( Happy Holidays, Melissa!

Popular Posts