White Clam Sauce by Melissa


I am never boring in the kitchen. Nope. Here is another classic. White Clam Sauce. My version came out dark orange...almost RED. Haa! I think I added too much tomato doing one of those.."oh I need to really use that up" routines. A wee bit more tomato and okaaay...maybe some of the juice too and I no longer had a white sauce! I do have to admit that it was a wonderful dish. Well balanced garlic and clam as well as a great sauce for dipping crusty bread.

I made my own pasta for this dish using the cutter labeled "linguine". It was so narrow that it really came out like angel hair. We were really surprised. It was wonderful tasting although did leave us with more sauce. Just get out the crusty bread!

White Clam Sauce by Marcella Hazan. Follow us through Spinach Tiger as we cook through the "Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking" and if you like, even join us!

Comments

Kayte said…
LOL on the red clam sauce, I think it looks very lovely and who knows, you may just have stumbled upon a whole new recipe! Always a chuckle over here...and nice to know things like this don't always just happen in my kitchen.
Anonymous said…
This was fun to read! Your dish looks yummy regardless of color!
Anonymous said…
Don't you just love happy accidents? Don't worry...It looks perfectly yummy! Wish I had some...

Popular Posts