Cooking Italy: Sausage and Cream

Just a quick post to share the Sausage and Cream dish I made last night for Cooking Italy.

What an interesting dish! I thought I wouldn't like it...just sausage, onion, butter/oil, and cream?? Then the first taste came. What a unique flavor and texture! The cream/butter sauce was velvety whereas the crumbled, yet tender, sausage gave a bit of a mouth feel and then savoring the mix and tasting the flavors really made the dish one to enjoy.
If you like Italian cooking, feel free to join us! We are cooking our way through Marcella Hazan's book, "Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking". It's been a real learning experience and the tastes have been beyond just pastas and sauces.

Comments

It looks good Melissa. Did you make your own sausage with Giulliano's recipe that some of the others in the group made, or did you manage to find a good ready-made sausage?
Melissa said…
I found a butcher who makes their own sausage and said they had a mild version with a very light fennel. I chose to use theirs. I would love to follow the Cooking Italy recipe we have for sausage too.

Popular Posts