The Full Box of Noodles


Lasagne or Lasagna?  Either way, it's just perfect when you have this during the cold winter months.  It slow bakes and all the cheeses meld together and it's very yummy.

I often make lasagna with homemade pasta but this time the Barilla was on sale and I grabbed a box.  I didn't realize that only a half box was needed for a recipe.  That means 3 noodles wide, 3 layers tall so 9 noodles are all that is needed.   I made the whole box.   Can you believe I used all 18 noodles?   And the result?  This absolutely yummy 6 layer lasagna!

I was a bit short on ricotta and stretched it with some parmesan and some defrosted chopped spinach.   The sauce was made with ground beef, italian sausage, yellow bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushroom slices, and homemade canned tomatoes.

Comments

Kayte said…
Oh, wow this looks fabulous. I would love a piece of this just as you made it!

Popular Posts