Penzeys Spices, The Spice House and a New Platter!

Just wanted to share a quick note regarding Penzeys Spices and The Spice House. If you didn't know the daughter of the Penzey family has her own spice company which is The Spice House.

Recently it was time for another giant order of spices and I thought I would give The Spice House a try. They have very similar ingredients to Penzeys but a few nice changes. I do like their packaging if you buy in the bags. Their packages are much smaller and therefore easier to store. Their glass bottles are also nice. The lids don't have the grippy ridges but are more rounded edged and softer.

One thing I noticed about The Spice House is how they have different blends of seasonings as well. I did try the Chicago Steak Seasoning which has a smokey garlic and is very good. I have a nice collection of new spices now.

There shipping is reasonable although I think a bit more than Penzeys, but then I've always had the "slow shipping method" available through Penzeys.

Both are great companies, family friendly and reliable. They both offer detailed product information and quality products. I like both now, but will say The Spice House was a fun shopping experience!

Le Creuset Platter: In the photo above is my new Le Creuset platter which I LOVE. First, reasonable price from Sur la Table ($49.95 USD) which I think is a great price for a Le Creuset product. Second, it's of the same quality you would expect from Sur la Table. Dishwasher, oven, broiler, freezer, and microwave safe. The oven safe is to 500F which means you can cook and serve on one dish! I selected the Cherry color as I love red but there are 4 beautiful colors to choose from! I don't work for or get paid by Sur la Table but it sure is a happy place to shop!

Comments

Kayte said…
Oh, I love, love, love that new platter! What a great color and size for displaying food...great purchase. Thanks for all the tips on the spices. I am a Penzy's person as well, so I never think to try others...need to expand a bit maybe for fun!

Popular Posts