Sliders - Great Burgers!


Sliders. They are so good. I'd rather not think about how they got their nickname. I should be more formal and call them by their true name - mini burgers. Yes, mini burgers.

I stumbled across this recipe for "White Castle Like Sliders". I was really intrigued because I have found many copy cat recipes but this one actually BAKED their meat patties.

I have reduced the meat to one pound of ground chuck because two people really can't eat more than one pound of "mini burgers".

I have tested these several times and they have come out perfectly each time. Also, I have tested plastic wrapping the burgers, even with their condiments, and refrigerating. The next day or even two does not effect the taste. I always seem to need leftover tips.

  1. Using an 11x7" glass dish, I spray with non-stick spray and sprinkle in dried minced onions.
  2. Top with 1 pound of ground chuck. Yes, you need ground chuck for this because you want the fat to "cook" the onions.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven, blot off grease and top with cheese.
  6. Return to oven. Add buns to oven to warm/slightly toast.
  7. Remove buns and the burger dish from the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes.
  8. Cut into 6 burgers.
  9. Top with your favorite condiments and serve.
The Visual Version:
Start here: 11x7 glass dish, sprayed with non-stick spray and sprinkled with dried minced onions.

Top with 1 pound ground chuck. Spread evenly. This 11x7" dish just fits one pound of ground beef.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in a 375F oven for about 20 minutes. The meat will shrink away from the sides of the dish significantly.


Remove from oven and blot the grease away with a paper towel. Top with cheese of your choice. Shredded, sliced, etc. On Saturday, I used mexican style shredded cheese. I have used cheese slices and cheddar cheese too. All have worked out well.


Return to the oven. Add the hamburger buns of choice. I have used Pepperridge Farm Dinner Rolls which work out very well. On Saturday I used Pepperridge Farm Mini Burger Rolls. They worked out well too.


Pretend this is a clean oven that I'm cooking in. Thank you.



Remove from the oven and let cool just a few minutes to make the slicing of the burgers and cheese easier.

Ahh...perfect burgers.

Place the perfect burgers onto your toasted buns, top with condiments and serve.

These turn out very well. I've made them about 4 or 5 times now. They are very easy and tasty and do not leave a large mess to clean up. I'd also consider making them in an electric skillet. That could also be handy for a party.

Comments

Robin said…
Melissa, so glad you liked these little guys and that you figured out a way to make them for less, great idea! Thanks for the link!

Robin Sue
Kayte said…
Love the illustrated version that accompanies this...visual is always just the greatest thing with me. I can see making these by the panful for the swimmers who hang out here...thanks for the idea and this version...they definitely look like they would be a big hit with the teen crowd especially. Leftovers??? What are leftovers???? LOL.
Kayte said…
Love the illustrated version that accompanies this...visual is always just the greatest thing with me. I can see making these by the panful for the swimmers who hang out here...thanks for the idea and this version...they definitely look like they would be a big hit with the teen crowd especially. Leftovers??? What are leftovers???? LOL.

Popular Posts