Cheese Souffle

I'm a little backwards, or is it ahead, of the Whisk Wednesday posts but I'm ready to share my Cheese Souffle and it's Wednesday...so here is mine!

Wonderful, delightful, dreamy dish. I will definitely make this again! I've made souffles before but the results have varied and this one...it came out just perfect!

Souffle au Comte
Cheese Souffle

1 1/4 cups grated Comte or other swiss cheese such as Gruyere or Emmenthal
1 1/4 cups milk
3 tb unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
salt
white pepper
freshly grated nutmed
4 eggs, seperated

A beautiful mix of the egg whites with the "custard-y" sauce of bilk, egg yolks and cheese. Then add in the whipped egg whites, pop into the oven, do the souffle prayer dance and VOILA! Souffle.

Comments

Kayte said…
Looks fabulous, Melissa, I would like some of that right now please! I am looking forward to making this as I have never made a real souffle before...I am even more excited now that I have seen yours. Great job!
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Wow, that is a pretty souffle! I'm not sure if I'd pick comte, gruyere or emmenthaler - maybe one of each! Glad your souffle dance worked this time.
Melanie said…
It's beautiful. I've never made a souffle before. Don't think I have the right pan - which is the story of my life.
Jen said…
Hi Melissa - I'm one of the MLFB folks - your souffle and, in fact, your whole blog, looks lovely! I've got out of town company this week, but I will most definitely be back!
Anonymous said…
What a lovely souffle! I can't wait until the heat breaks some...it's into triple digits, and I try not to use the oven in heat like this! The burritos look pretty fab too!
That is so beautiful. I goofed and mine did not come out right.
Shari said…
I was so worried about this one. I'm impressed with your photo since it shows the height! Great job!

Popular Posts