Penzey's

Penzey's. A great resource for spices.



I used to buy my spices from the grocery store. But over time I've read several articles about how grocery store spices aren't fresh, they sit on the shelf, aren't real quality to begin with, etc. The horror stories of how ground nutmeg is not only nutmeg but a wood chip as well? Scary.


Somewhere along my travels I read about Penzey's and decided to check it out. I sent off for my first order and was pretty excited when it came in. I like that the individual spices can be ordered in a small or big amount.



Q&A

Why buy from a spice company and not my grocery store?
***Freshness! We just don't know how long those spices have been sitting there. Penzey's spices are very fresh and you'll know it when you open any of their containers.



Do I have to buy in bulk?
***No. With Penzey's you can purchase small jars for sampling or even just a spice you don't use very often. I like to buy my cream of tartar in small amounts because I don't use it that often. This way it is nice and fresh.




Okay, so you can buy salt, pepper, and paprika through Penzey's, but why the trouble of making an order?
***Variety is the spice of life! They don't just sell salts and peppers. They sell about 9 different curries, 14 different chili peppers, 8 different salts, etc. They are very knowledgeable about their spices, the when, why and even how to use their spices is great information.



Are they expensive?
***The prices Penzey's asks is very fair, especially when you see their quality. Often better than grocery stores in my area. They even have slower rates on shipping to save.




Feel free to make your own spices like the mix I posted recently. Of course for ease of use, Penzey's has several of their own blends, dressing mixes, etc.



Check them out for yourself at http://www.penzeys.com/



I do not work for Penzey's, I don't know anyone who works for Penzey's, I have no affliation with them other than I like their products. Just wanted to spread a good word.

Comments

Popular Posts