It Was Around Here That I Should Have Realized

Somewhere around here....I should have noticed I was doing too much...then ended up with...




WITH THIS!!!!!! AAAGGGGH.


Sorry everyone. I've been down and out in the cooking world. Waaaah! I'm starting to feel lost...and hungry for real food! But this gauze (okay not the ENTIRE contraption) had to stay on for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is the day! Unfortunately I waited too long for stitches and ended up with Durabond skin glue, Durabond skin foam and more glue, and a splint. The foam is getting removed tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Needless to say I haven't been creating alot of yummy meals. I've been stalling actually. Eating up the freezer and ordering delivery pizza...alot.

Last night's quick meal was pretty easy. That I will share with you.

Sauteed Shrimp w Garlicky Alfredo Sauce

1 pound shrimp, then clean and remove shells
Extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed
Sprinkle of:
Crushed Red Pepper
Thyme
Salt
Black Pepper
Onion Powder
1 jar of alfredo sauce
Noodles of choice. I used 4 ounces of penne for 2.

Have your noodles pretty much cooked and waiting for you.

Heat olive oil in your pan of choice. I used my saucier. (Love that pan).
Add pressed garlic. Saute for about 1 minute. Add shrimp and sprinkle your seasonings in. I reduced the heat as the shrimp were getting pretty pink, and continued tossing till half pink, still half gray.

Pour in one jar of alfredo sauce. Okay, it's a jar in this one...I'm injured! Heat through and make sure your shrimp are pink.

Pour over pasta and serve. There is alot of sauce here, but there was mopping to be done with some great garlic bread.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I check your blog almost daily...and know I should have posted sooner.Sorry to hear about your hand....hope it's back to normal soon.Nothing worse than not be able to what you normally do.I love the pic of the jars of canned food.I did a ton of Freezer Pickles this year.... just hope they last past the holidays...lol.
take care.... and I can't wait to try your Pumpkin Cookies...
Marie H.
Whitsett, North Carolina
Melanie said…
I hope we're going to see a scrapbook page of this whole adventure? :)
Sally said…
That recipe sounds heavenly, and I'm so glad you survived your injury! ;)

Popular Posts