Risotto Pork Chop Ramblings


I talked about Risotto a few posts ago and here is one of the dinners I've made with it. Risotto is definitely a fall food. It's cool and crisp here in Michigan and I'm ready for more cozy, warm, rich, fireplace style dinners.


I made the Risotto and of course had some great Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese added. A comfort food.


Now, for the pork chops. I let my pork chops rest on the counter, bringing quite a bit of the refrigerator chill off of them. Rub, then rest. This rub was a simple mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and thyme.


I sear in olive oil over a medium-heat, just to brown the outside and then reduce the heat, add a touch of stock, some julienned onions, a few minced garlic cloves and cook till desired doneness.


As for the pork chop itself, I really do enjoy the bone-in pork chop with the little filet/tenderloin piece is on one side. I call it a T-bone loin chop since it reminds me of a T-bone or Porterhouse steak. And thick. Thick. Did I mention thick? I like a thick cut pork chop. Nothing skinnier than one inch.


I often buy these pork chops at Costco and in the picture is one. They do cut theirs about 1 inch thick and that makes for quicker weeknight meals.


It's that Risotto though...that is what calls me.

Comments

Popular Posts