Cook's Country: German Chocolate Cake

I am really enjoying testing recipes for Cook's Country magazine. In fact I love it so much that I jumped at the opportunity when Cook's Illustrated was looking for reviewers. It's a perfect chance to practice a new dish, learn new foods, and get out and make something you don't always make.

This recipe was for German Chocolate Cake. German Chocolate Cake can be very high in calories but this recipe takes just a couple of items, does a substitution, and the cake comes out a light chocolate flavor with a very tasty frosting. A frosting not too overly sweet. I really enjoyed this recipe and I think I will sneak that frosting recipe into some additional desserts.

I made this and took half to work and gave half to my dad. It also stored well in the refrigerator even after frosting. Good to know for a future need.

Watch for a future issue of Cook's Country magazine to get this recipe. Worth making again!

Comments

Di said…
I love both Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country. How cool that you're getting to test stuff for them!
Kayte said…
Mark and Matt and Alex ALL love German Chocolate Cake and I have made it exactly once in my life from a box mix. LOL. So, I will watch for the recipe and it will be fun making it b/c you made it, too. Very pretty with that extra coconut on the top!
Unknown said…
My dad would love this cake. I haven't had German chocolate cake in like forever. Looks great.
Shari said…
What a great gig! Yum.

Popular Posts