Thank You Chefs Catalog!

I follow Chefs Catalog on Twitter. (@CHEFSCatalog) They have all sorts of fun questions, posts, and contests. Recently, they had a contest for "name this kitchen tool". If you guessed correctly and were randomly chosen from correct responses, you won the item. I won a Salad Spinner. I was pretty excited. Really? From Chefs Catalog? I love their catalog.

Last Saturday, the door bell rang and I thought...who is that? I opened the door to a nice FedEx man holding a Chefs box. Ooooo I thought, my salad spinner! I quickly signed and dashed back inside to open my box.

Aren't food gifts the BEST?


Ooo the lastest catalog too. :)


I just had to take it for a spin. Ha...no pun intended. I'm sorry to say I only had bagged salad on hand.


Rinse your lettuce in the colander like insert.


Place the lid on top. Pump the black knob on top a few times and voila! Washed lettuce.
Look at the extra water left behind!

Using the salad spinner helps to extract the extra water from your lettuce which makes a fresher, cleaner, crisper salad. It's great! Thank you so much Chefs Catalog!

Comments

Kayte said…
I love, love, love this salad spinner, I have it, too, but I didn't get it for FREE! Congrats to you. Note to the wise: Do not let teenage boys anywhere near your things. When I was out one evening, they decided to make pasta, couldn't locate the strainer, figured the salad spinner would work, left half the orzo in it, and it dried by morning, leaving one very gooey, hard mess lodged in the little holes in the pasta spinner basket...soaked that thing for hours and hours to get it all out. Just saying....

Popular Posts