White Bean Chicken Chili


Think I could fill this bowl with any more chili? Huh..guess I was hungry :>)

White Bean Chicken Chili is always different when I have ordered it or even made it here at home. Most of the recipes aren't thick enough. I like my chili to be nice and thick. Otherwise it's soup to me.

I also used dried white beans for this. You can used canned, it doesn't matter. I just am trying to use what I have on hand.

I reserved about 2 cups of the white beans and later whizzed them in the food processor, scraped them into the chili and let simmer. They were my thickner.

Base:
Extra-virgin olive oil
Onions
Garlic
Fresh peppers, I used jalapeno, poblano, orange bell
Chipotle, optional
Chicken stock
Mixture of chicken, white and dark, rubbed with spice mixture below

Spices:
Cumin
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Cayenne
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Mexican Oregano (definitely mexican)

I heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic. Add the peppers and some stock to keep it all moist. Soften the veggies some and add the chicken. Cook until chicken is barely poached. Do not brown, keep enough stock in the pot to give moisture and tenderness to the chicken.

Pour in enough chicken stock to make a soup. Add the beans and chipotle and let simmer till the chicken is tender and cooked through. You will need to add more of the spices.

Add the mashed beans from the food processor and thicken the soup to a nice balanced chili.

I served mine with sour cream and green onions.

Hope you enjoy! !Ole!

Comments

Popular Posts