Meatloaf Pattie / Crash Hot Potatoes


Crash Hot Potatoes. Crash! These potatoes are hitting my favorite food blogs, popping up on the Food Network and filling up my email. Great name...Crash Hot Potatoes.

Simply put, you are boiling red-skinned potatoes till fork tender, placing them on a cookie sheet, crushing down the potato, with your tool of choice, drizzle of olive oil, rosemary and garlic then baking in the oven till crisp.

Are they good? Heck ya! Your challenge is to find a kitchen tool that works for crushing.

I have tried:
Potato masher - but the potato innerds stuck inside the masher
Saucer - but the potato wanted to roll (I won't admit to where)
My hand - uh, it's a HOT potato
Drinking glass - too slippery

I'm about to try one of those rubber flippy hot pads, sprayed with non-stick spray.

Sorry for the rambling, but these are good and worth some kitchen testing. I finished them with a touch of sour cream and fresh chives.

As for the meatloaf patties that are also seen here but ignored in this post, just take your favorite meatloaf recipe and make into patties. One aspect I like of this method is the meatloaf is not baked in the loaf pan and gives the meat a chance to drain out any fat during the baking process. Baking them on a rack set inside a cookie sheet helps alot too. Don't forget good veggies, finely minced, help to keep the patties moist and adds juicy flavors!

Comments

Unknown said…
Melissa I need to try this meatloaf idea. I actually have meatloaf on my menu for this week. My family loves the crash hot potatoes...
Anonymous said…
I so need to try these potatoes! Hmmm, making my menu today so maybe I will put them on for later this week.. :)

Popular Posts