Whisk Wednesday: Grain Dauphinois

The translation is Potato Gratin with Garlic and Cream. This is waaay yummy. Now before I get you too much in love with trying this recipe, all I can tell you are the ingredients. You'll have to buy the book to make it. Sorry!


I can say these potatoes are simmed in milk with a bouquet garni the size of maybe your hand. It's much bigger than I'm used to.

The potatoes were so tender, the finished dish very welcoming and tasty. A great fall dish.

Finished Dish:



Bouquet Garni:

Bouquet Garni Simmering:

And just in case I messed it the finished dish....Pre-Baked Dish Photo:


Don't forget to scroll back up to see that finished dish again, it was well worth it.

Comments

Shari said…
I'm so glad you've joined us! Your new herb chopper looks like fun, and I'm a charter subscriber to Fine Cooking as well! Glad you liked the Gratin Dauphinois! We did too!
NKP said…
It was good wasn't it? That first picture does look yummy!
Anonymous said…
Great photos and post...your potatoes look picture perfect and very yummy...you were right, I should have made the WHOLE recipe...this just gives me an excuse to do it all over again, right? It was fairly easy, I was surprised! It's wonderful to have you cooking with us...and I enjoyed all your excitement on the Q & A emails...so cute!
Anonymous said…
Looks fabulous Melissa! Welcome to WW!
Michelle said…
Hmmmmm....I never thought to bundle the Bouquet Garni with the celery before! Great idea!

Fabulous dish and your looks delicious!

Popular Posts