Whisk Wednesday: Cauliflower Soup

Cream of Cauliflower Soup. In Le Cordon Bleu at Home, it's Veloute Du Barry.

A velvety but light and creamy soup accented with leek and onion. It's very good. I made it for a rainy Sunday lunch.

Interestingly, this soup is thickened with rice flour and not owning rice flour had to puree brown rice in my mini chopper. Came out like suede dust. I will definitely try thickening with rice flour in the future. Very good, and mild tasting.

Follow the rest of the Whisk Wednesday crew as we cook our way through Le Cordon Bleu at Home!

Comments

What a nice creamy soup, looks delicious.
Kayte said…
Was very interesting to hear your report on the grinding of the rice experiment...LOL. Guess I won't try that one, so thanks for doing the research for us. Your soup looks perfect, and I love the dish it is served in...just perfect for that. Did you taste it b/f the addition of cream and egg? I did, and I thought it was most excellent that way...am going with that version next to skip cals and fat...it was really creamy and delicious just through that step of the recipe.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful result you busy little minx! LOL! Suede dust sounds about right...*grin* I used wheat flour in the end...just a bit more.
Shari said…
I'm impressed that you tried making your own rice flour!

Popular Posts