Recipe Holder

This is it! This is how I read recipes in the kitchen. Our Whisk Wednesday group was chatting about how we read while we cook. Is it a stand? Is it a book holder? Do we attempt to balance in the fruit bowl?

I've tried everything, but one thing I can't seem to get right is being clean when I cook. Splatters arrive everywhere. What you say? You've been hit too? And you live on another continent? Yeah, sorry about that. It happens around here.

Because of the splatters, spills, and my often wet hands that want to TOUCH the book, page, etc., I've had to migrate to copies of recipes from the books or magazines. Over the years I've learned to put my recipes into my recipe software for many, many reasons. One of those reasons is to be able to print the recipe out, splatter it like 50 kindergartners in paint class, and toss.

P.S. Try to ignore the untiled backsplash there in the picture. I'm working on tile choices.

Comments

Michelle said…
Hey don't make fun of my fruit bowl recipe stand! It works great and it changes per what on sale...LOL!!

Your hens looks great! I can't believe you guys got 4 meals from this dish. I guess we're pigs!
Melanie said…
Love your recipe holder. I just lay my book or recipe card on the counter and let it get spattered. Spattering is a sign of love. I have my grandmothers recipe cards and a couple of her cookbooks. I can tell which recipes she made by where the spatters are.
Anonymous said…
You are to funny girl!
I think this is perfect and at eye level to boot... :)
Sally said…
GREAT idea...and yes I've been a victim of your splatters! ;)
Shari said…
I love your recipe holder!! Necessity is the mother of invention. What a neat idea!
Anonymous said…
I love it, I just love it...very very clever! I will keep this in mind when I have clipped something from a mag or made a copy of something...I am thinking this is GREAT!

Popular Posts