Fresh Halibut & Veggies




I love halibut. It's a light tasting, fresh and recipe friendly fish. You can use halibut in many recipes. This recipe is for halibut with veggies and is very filling.


Essentially it's halibut cooked over veggies that get all nice and steamy as your dinner bakes. The top of the fish is coated with a herb-parmesan crust that really tops it off. No pun intended.


Veggies:
2 leeks, white parts only, chopped and rinsed
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used orange here for color)
1 tomato, chopped (sometimes I sub canned diced)
Garlic, minced (I used quite a few cloves
Salt
Pepper
Stir the veggies up and set aside. Slop it all over the bowl like I did and then take a picture.

Halibut:
Rinse your halibut. Remove skin if necessary. Salt and pepper both sides.

Crust:
Crushed potato chips, crackers, bread crumbs (whatever you've got)
Parmesan cheese (the green can is fine, although I have been fancier w Parmigiano-Reggiano)
Butter

Preheat oven to 375.
Foil line a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
Spread your veggies out about the size of your halibut. Set the halibut on top. Press the crust down on top of the halibut.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is brown and the halibut is opaque. Garnish with green onions. Cut and serve. Use your BIG flat spatula for this.

I use one big filet of halibut, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. I don't bother cutting it until it's finished baking. The veggies amount is for this same amount of fish and it's quite a bit of veggies. As for the crumbs, I try to get about 1 cup of crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan and then about 2 T butter melted and mix it all together.

You can easily substitute tilapia, flounder, even red snapper for the fish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am trying this one very soon...it looks just beautiful! All those colors and the textures...great job! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Popular Posts