Whisk Wednesday: Trout With Almonds


This dish isn't totally "Whisk Wednesday" as I had some trouble with my fish. I found "Ruby Red Trout Filets" at my favorite gourmet market and I talked about the recipe with my fish monger. She was extremely helpful. Basically I made the same dish but I did not use a whole trout, only the filets. I would not normally cook with nuts, nor make a sauce of only browned butter but we ate this dish, loved this dish and will definitely make it again!


It's a browned butter sauce with sliced almonds gently toasted in the sauce. Wonderful! I served with boiled, then roasted red-skinned potatoes. The potatoes were topped with salt, pepper, and pecorino-romano cheese. Also we had white asparagus.

Comments

Michelle said…
Melissa! You don't use nuts in cooking..oh are you missin out. I loved nuts in so many dishes and even sprinkle almonds on some salads too.

Your trout looks amazing. I would have used fillets, if I had found some! Lucky you!!!!
Shari said…
I think fillets are the way to go -- no bones! Looks like a fantastic supper!
Anonymous said…
What beautiful fish! Your plating is lovely too! Ruby Red Trout...interesting... I learned something new! Just one thing...use nuts more! *Ü*
Anonymous said…
It looks really wonderful, Melissa. Sitting down at your table to all of that would be a treat for any guest! Great job.

Popular Posts