Handy Use for Olive Dish

The other night I wanted to soak some skewers before grilling with them. The soaking, uh...yeah, that's pretty important. Please do not make me tell the story of what happens on the indoor gas grill when you try to cook something with UNsoaked wooden skewers.....OH geez. And the part where I try to hide the fact that the gas grill has giant flames shooting up off the food....yeaaaah....so nice. *eyeroll* Just please, soak your skewers. ORRR better yet, frighten your mother with the story and she will run out and buy you metal ones *GRIN* That's what I did.

I only wanted to slide some shrimp on the skewers and give them a quick grill. These were not mega-sized shrimp and the wooden skewers were skinnier, hence the soaking requirement.

As I looked around the kitchen, holding the skewers and doing the ohhh will this dish work...no...what about this one?....You know that routine. Well, I stumbled onto my Olive Dish. A super discount gem from Williams-Sonoma's After Christmas Sale. I have to say, this worked just PERFECTLY. Very little clean-up. So get out your olive dish!

Don't have an olive dish? No problem, I've also made a foil package and fill with water and spare all clean-up!

Comments

Melanie said…
I don't have an olive dish, but now I have a good excuse to buy one. "No honey, it's not an olive dish, it's a skewer soaker. Sure dear, we need one of those, buy it."
Shari said…
That is a great use for an olive dish!
Anonymous said…
What a great idea! You are so clever!

Popular Posts